Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ideology


Passion.  It's what drives every human being.  Without it we live our lives merely wandering; allowing other people or even our own circumstances to make a path for us instead of blazing our own trail.  I will be the first to admit that, to a certain extent, I have lived parts of my life wandering instead of making my own way.  I tend to be a laid-back, go-with-the-flow type which can be both a blessing and a curse.  Don't get me wrong, I have a great life.  I have an amazing husband, a happy and healthy family.  I've been blessed with incredible people to do life with and I know I am the apple of God's eye.  But there are few things in life, aside from the aforementioned, that get me really excited.  True, passionate excitement.  Something that gives me energy, makes me giddy even.  I truly feel that I have stumbled upon something, an ideology if you will, that is not only life-changing but it's life-blazing.  It all started when I met a man in a grocery store who had recently opened a Crossfit gym only seconds from my house.  I had walked by the gym but was too intimidated by the unfamiliarity of the objects I saw inside to ever stop in.  After talking to Forrest that day in Piggly Wiggly, he had convinced me to at least stop by to check it out.  Knowing nothing about Crossfit, I marched into Iron Tribe Fitness totally looking the part.  I had my workout gear on, which by the way had not been worn in quite some time.  That February morning I was introduced to my first WOD.  For those unfamiliar, WOD stands for Workout Of the Day.  After a mere 10 minutes I was lying on the floor wondering why these people wanted to torture me.  I was hooked.  I know it sounds strange but something ignited me when I did this WOD.  It was intense and extremely tough, but something was sparked.  Little did I know that that spark was the passion that I would soon acquire for, of all things, a workout routine.  I've been doing Crossfit now for almost a year and I haven't looked back.  I look forward every day to the punishment my body will receive in the WOD.  It sounds abnormal to want to put myself through that, not to mention doing it on a daily basis.  But every time I walk into ITF that spark ignites again.  I look forward to pushing myself beyond what I think I can't do, and doing it.  It's uncomfortable, it's demanding and I love it.  This blog is dedicated to my journey through Crossfit, and living my life as prescribed.


                                                    "When you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn."
                                                                                                                                            ~ John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment