Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rosemary Lemon Chicken

Now that the temperatures are starting to rise I love to utilize my grill.

To me this is a perfect Spring dish served up from Elana's Pantry. The flavors are clean and light without being too unassuming.

The rosemary also smells so wonderful while you're cooking!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed (I used minced)
  • 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, minced
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
Place cleaned chicken breasts in a gallon ziploc bag.

In a medium bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and salt.

Pour marinade over chicken breasts and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.  Don't over marinate as the lemon juice can start to "cook" the chicken.

Heat grill and cook chicken for 5-7 minutes per side until nicely browned and cooked throughout.

I served this with squash and zucchini that I roasted with olive oil, S&P and paprika.  I cut the vegetables into 1/2 inch thick discs and baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes.  You could also grill these two veggies.  They work fantastically as kabobs.

I baked a couple of sweet potatoes for us as well.  Wash the outside of the sweet potatoes, pat dry and rub with olive oil.  Place in foiled baking dish and bake for an hour at 500.



As a side note, I reserved the marinade and heated it in a saucepan.  I poured this over both the chicken and the veggies for a little added flavor.

This dish was a definite hit for The Hamiltons!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment